Fun for the whole family at this year’s boat show, fall festival – Macomb Daily
It’s not just the boats and the beautiful atmosphere that draw people to the St. Clair Metropark each year for the Progressive Metro Boat Show. The 12th annual event, scheduled for September 16-19, will feature plenty of fun activities and entertainment for the whole family.
Part boat show and fall festival, this year’s event will feature seasonal food and drink, live entertainment, kids’ activities, lawn games and more. The North Bar and Tiki Bar inside the festival will feature Michigan craft beers, cider and your favorite draft beers as well as wines, coolers, soda and water.
Entertainment will be offered at the Tiki Bar throughout the weekend, including:
• Thursday 3 pm-7pm – Caribbean Blue Duo
• Friday 3 pm-7pm – Ron Devon
• Saturday 1 pm-7pm – Blue Caribbean Duo
• Sunday 12 pm-6pm – Guys from the island
Paint a paddle
Create your own nautical decor at the Paint A Paddle station on Saturdays and Sundays. Use a pre-created pattern or your own imagination to create a one-of-a-kind paddle. Cost is $ 5 per paddle, while supplies last.
Food truck schedule
• Just in time dealerships (Thursday-Sunday) – Variety of your favorite dealerships
• Flavor food truck – barbecue, tacos, burgers, fillets, salads
• Sugar rush – Desserts
• Juices and vigorous food (Thursday-Saturday) – Healthy juices, salads and sandwiches
• Pete’s Down-N-Out Tacos (Thursday-Saturday) – Tacos
• Like Family Catering (Fri-Sun) – Philly and Chicken Cheesesteaks, sausages
The kids’ zone will feature a take-away boat, face painting, water games and more.
Broadcasting center schedule
101 WRIF will broadcast live from the Boat Show from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 16, with 94.7 WCSX being broadcast live from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, September 17.
For more information on the entertainment and activities planned for this year’s boat show, visit metroboatshow.net.
Information courtesy of the Michigan Boating Industries Association