Five Ways to Improve Your Walking This Spring – Just in Time for National Walking Day on April 6 | News
Joyce Shulmanco-founder and CEO of 99 Walks and Jetti Fitness, recommends these five ways for anyone to improve their walking practice.
BRIDGEHAMPTON, NY, March 31, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — To celebrate National Walk Day on April 6, Joyce Shulmanco-founder and CEO of 99 Walks and Jetti Fitness, recommends these five ways anyone can improve their walking practice:
- Add intervals. Sure, you can keep walking down your cul-de-sac…but research shows you can amplify the impact of your walking by building up at certain intervals. Try this easy progression: After a three-song warm-up, alternate between a brisk walk and a slower recovery walk with each song.
- Take an audio course. Put on your headphones and take a walking coach on the road! Apps like 99 Walks offer audio-guided walking lessons perfect for your favorite park, path, or trail.
- Jetti Walk. Jetti Posts turn your walk into a full body workout. These patent-pending fitness poles increase the intensity of your walk, activate your entire upper body and boost calorie burn while providing increased stability and reducing the impact on your joints.
- Be calm. Think you need to sit on a pillow to get the peace that comes from a meditation practice? Think again ! Take your meditation on the road with Calm’s Mindful Walking series or walking meditations available on Headspace.
- Add a weighted vest. Start slow, adding only five or ten pounds and keeping your distances short as your body acclimates.
After discovering that the research backs up everything she instinctively knew, Shulman and her husband, Eric Cohenfounded 99 Walks and Jetti Fitness to help women discover what recent studies have shown: walking can improve decision-making and executive function, fight depression, increase creativity, and literally add years to your life.
“We’ve helped tens of thousands of women get fit through walking with our social fitness app, About 99 Walks,” Shulman says. “When our members asked us for a way to improve their walking practices, we knew they didn’t want to risk injury running or ‘feel the burn’ in a crowded training camp. They wanted to enjoy more of the benefits of walking, taking it up a notch.” Adds Shulman, “After two years of development, Jetti Posts were born, and Jetti Walk is really, really fun!”
Weighing just over a pound each, Jetti Posts feature unique features including center handles that allow for dozens of upper and lower body exercises; equally weighted tops and bottoms to facilitate the execution of balanced and functional movements; and grippy, rounded rubber feet for solid traction on roads and paths. Precision engineered with high quality custom materials, Jetti Posts are entirely manufactured in the United States and suitable for both casual and avid walkers.
ON JOYCE SHULMAN Joyce Shulman is the co-founder and CEO of 99 Walks and Jetti Fitness, two wellness and walking lifestyle brands, each with a mission to forge connections and move one million women forward. Additionally, Shulman is the author of “Walk Your Way to Better, 99 Walks that Will Change Your Life,” a TEDx speaker, podcaster, and consultant for businesses and women’s groups.
ABOUT JETTI FITNESS
Jetti Fitness, a division of 99 Walks, is on a mission to bring affordable and accessible fitness products to those who have long been overlooked by the mainstream fitness industry, beginning with the launch of Jetti Posts. Jetti Posts are available for purchase at jettifit.com for $59.95/pair, which includes free shipping and a custom carry bag. Additionally, non-members of 99 Walks will receive a free one-month subscription to 99 Walks, which offers a variety of Jetti audio courses ranging from indoor level one basics to even outdoor level three “Tabata Time”. Be sure to follow Jetti Fitness on Instagram and Facebook and also subscribe to the YouTube channel.
ABOUT 99 WALKS
99 Walks is an inspirational wellness app designed for women looking for connection, community, and support to get moving. Through monthly challenges, daily classes, motivational podcasts and more, members of 99 Walks receive a holistically healthy experience for mind, body, and spirit while connecting with other women.
Jetti Fitness press materials and images are available HERE.
Michelle SicoMichelle Sisco PR, 1 678-613-9852, [email protected]
SOURCE Jetti Fitness