DNR finalizes locations for public meetings to discuss possible rule changes – Mix 107.3 KIOW
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is hosting a series of town hall-style meetings where local staff will provide updates on recently ended hunting and trapping seasons, discuss possible changes to hunting rules and regulations and trapping and will address other topics as requested.
“We want people to come to these meetings, listen to reviews of the seasons, ask questions, and hear directly from our staff,” said Todd Bishop, Iowa DNR Bureau of Wildlife Chief. “Part of the meeting will be spent discussing potential rule changes and gathering feedback throughout the rules process.”
Meetings are open to the public. Feedback gathered at these public meetings will be considered along with other related feedback received by the Iowa DNR before proposing changes to hunting rules and regulations. The proposed rules will be presented to the Natural Resources Commission at a regular public meeting for further public review and comment.
Date, time and place of the meeting
- Creston, Feb. 21, 6 p.m., Community Hall, Southern Prairie YMCA, 1201 West Townline Street
- Algona, Feb. 22, 6 p.m., Waters Edge Nature Center, 1010 250th Street
- Des Moines, Feb. 22, 6:45 p.m., Des Moines Izaak Walton League, 4343 George Flagg Parkway
- Dubuque, Feb. 22, 7 p.m., EB Lyons Nature Center at Mines of Spain, 8991 Bellevue Heights Road
- Jefferson, Feb. 22, 6:30 p.m., The Depot, Raccoon River Valley Trailhead, 507 E Lincoln Way
- Okoboji, February 22, 6 p.m., Maser Monarch Lodge, 22785 Nature Center Road
- Sac City, Feb. 22, 6:30 p.m., Sac County Conservation Center, Hagge Park, 2970
- 280th street
- Ventura, Feb. 22, 7 p.m., Iowa DNR Wildlife Office, 15326 Balsam Avenue
- Waverly, Feb. 22, 6 p.m., Waverly Public Library, 1500 W Bremer Avenue
- Burlington, Feb. 23, 5 p.m., Starr’s Cave Nature Center, 11627 Starr’s Cave Road
- Squid, Feb. 23, 7 p.m., Northeast Iowa Dairy & Agriculture Foundation (Dairy Center), Room 115, 1527 Hwy. 150 South
- Iowa City, Feb. 23, 6:30 p.m., Johnson County ISU Extension Office, 3109 Old Hwy. 218 South
- Onawa, Feb. 23, 6 p.m., Lewis and Clark State Park Visitor Center Banquet Hall, 21914 Park Loop
- Bloomfield, Feb. 24, 6 p.m., Wapello County Conservation Council Pioneer Ridge Nature Center, 1339 Hwy. 63
- Chariton, Feb. 24, 7 p.m., Pin Oak Lodge, 45996 State Hwy. 14
- Council Bluffs, Feb. 24, 6:30 p.m., Council Bluffs Fish & Game Club, 531 Comanche St. DeWitt, Feb. 24, 7 p.m., DeWitt Community Library, 917 Fifth Avenue
- Toledo, Feb. 24, 6:30 p.m., Tama County Nature Center, 2283 Park Road
Anyone attending the public meeting with special needs, such as those related to mobility or hearing impairments, should contact the Iowa DNR or ADA Coordinator at 515-725-8200, Relay Iowa TTY Service 800-735-7942, or [email protected] .iowa.gov, and advise of specific needs.